SMART goals are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time-bound. They’re like a text roadmap that makes it easy to pinpoint what you want and exactly when and how you plan to get it.
If creating SMART goals sounds like a lot of work, don’t worry. SMART goals don’t have to be long or complicated, and they don’t take a lot of time to write. In fact, you can use this online form to create your own SMART goals. Answer the questions and short quizzes below, then click PRINT. Complete the process for each SMART goal you want. Your privacy is important to us, so AAHA’s student site won’t save your responses. Be sure to press PRINT before starting a new form or your answers will be lost.
There are 5 easy steps:
- STEP 1: Write a specific goal statement.
- STEP 2: Define how you’ll measure your progress.
- STEP 3: Time for a reality check. Is your goal attainable?
- STEP 4: Is your goal relevant?
- STEP 5: Is your goal time-bound?
- BEGIN NOW -